Half Day Tour
Explore some of North Queensland’s iconic locations and get some practical training on how to photograph them, with this cutomized half day photography tour. Choose to start early, taking in dawn along the coast or in the rainforest… or choose to start later, perhaps finishing your day with sunset on the Atherton Tablelands. The itinerary is up to you.
With a duration of 6-7 hours, the half day tour allows you to visit areas further afield, such as Millaa Millaa Falls, Mossman Gorge or Port Douglas. It caters for all levels of photographer, and while the tour is designed with Digital SLR users in mind, other types of cameras are more than welcome.
Half Day Tour Pricing
One person $350
Two or more people $275 per person
Note* Prices are for departure from Cairns and northern beaches
(price for tour departing Port Douglas: add $50 per tour)
The half day tour is very much tailored to the areas you would like to visit and photograph. We are happy to create an itinerary for you, that suits the timeframe and your specific interests. To get a feel for the region, you can check out the Locations section. Please note that certain locations are best photographed at specific times of day (or in certain weather conditions), and this will be taken into account when we put together your itinerary. Also, possible locations may vary depending on whether you are taking the tour ex-Cairns or ex-Port Douglas.
The tour has a focus on helping improve your landscape and nature photography skills and knowledge. And whether you know a little or a lot, we will happily assist you in:
• How to set up your camera, viewpoints and the best settings for the conditions.
• Shooting using manual exposure mode for changing light.
• Varying ISO, shutter speed and aperture for creative effect.
• Using filters to balance exposure and to add drama to scenes.
• Compositional techniques and the use of lenses to create images with impact.
• Capturing series of images for creating stitch panoramics.
• How to shoot seascapes, rainforest scenes and waterfalls.
– Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
– A tailored itinerary of 2-3 locations, dependent on proximity, weather and shooting conditions.
– Personalised tuition, tips & advice from a professional photographer
– Morning tea / buffet lunch (depending on tour times), tea & coffee
Tour times and what to bring
• The tour times very much depend on your chosen itinerary and the time of year. This will be confirmed at the time of booking.
• Bring your camera equipment: camera, lenses, filters & sturdy tripod (if you have these) and a backpack or camera bag.
• Also bring: rain jacket, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, good walking shoes and possibly a change of clothes.